DE NEEF® HA Flex SLV AF
Next generation, non-phthalate, closed cell, 1-component high performance hydrophobic, Hydro-Active, flexible polyurethane injection grout for waterproofing leaking joints and cracks.
In its uncured form, HA Flex SLV AF is a yellow, non-flammable liquid without phthalate plasticisers. HA Flex SLV AF is a next generation 1-component injection resin with improved waterproofing performance. When HA Flex SLV AF comes in contact with water, the grout expands and quickly (depending on temperature and the amount of accelerator HA Flex Cat AF used) cures to a tough, flexible, closed-cell polyurethane foam that is essentially unaffected by corrosive environments.
- Next generation resin with improved waterproofing performance.
- Improved cell structure of the cured compound resulting in better mechanical properties and durability.
- Non-phthalate resin REACH compliant.
- Improved performance at temperatures below 5°C, no crystallisation of HA Flex Cat AF.
- HA Flex SLV AF forms a flexible gasket or flexible plug in the joint or crack.
- Non-flammable, non-solvent
- Choice of different expansion rates.
- User friendly: 1-component product.
- Controllable reaction times: by using catalyst curing times can be reduced.
- Cured compound is resistant to most organic solvents, mild acids, alkalis and micro organisms. *
(*) For chemical resistances please contact your GCP representative.
Field of Application
- Waterproofing wet and water bearing concrete cracks and joints smaller than 0.5 mm.
- Designed for grouting joints or stopping water leaks in concrete structures, which are subject to settlement and movement.
- Used for protective waterproofing and gap filling around the brush tails of the TBM and for repairing the waterproof gasket.
- For stopping water leaks through joints between tunnel segments.
- For curtain injections behind tunnel segments.
- Injection of LDPE or HDPE membranes in tunnel construction.
- Joint and crack dimensions: HA Flex SLV AF: Cracks < 0.5 mm.
Before commencing the injection, consult the Technical Data Sheets and MSDS to be familiar with the materials at hand.
- Always shake the HA Flex Cat AF well before use.
1. Surface Preparation
- Remove surface contaminants and debris to establish the pattern of the crack or joint. Active leaking cracks above 1 mm need to be sealed with an approved method.
- Drill holes of the correct diameter for the selected packer. Drill at an angle of 45°. Preferably the holes should be drilled staggered around the crack to insure good coverage of the crack in case it is not perpendicular to the concrete surface.
- The depth of the bore should be approximately half of the thickness of the concrete. As a rule of thumb the distance of the drill point from the crack is 1/2 the wall thickness.
- Distance between holes can vary by 15 to 90 cm, depending on the actual situation.
- Insert the correctly sized packer into the hole up to 2/3 of its length. Tighten with a wrench or spanner by turning clockwise until enough tension has been reached to keep the packer in place during injection.
- Check to assure that the crack or joint to be injected is sufficiently wet before injecting HA Flex SLV AF. If this is not the case, pre-inject water until the crack or joint is saturated with water.
- Use of a separate pump for pre-injection with water is strongly recommended due to the water reacting character of HA Flex SLV AF.
2. Resin and Equipment Preparation
- Prepare the resin with the predetermined amount of catalyst. Shake HA Flex Cat AF well before use. No reaction with the resin will occur until the resin comes into contact with water.
- Do not prepare more resin than can be injected within 4 hours after mixing HA Flex Cat AF in the resin. Avoid mixing full drums, it is recommended to batch mix smaller quantities in a separate pail or in the pump reservoir.
- Protect the resin from water, since this will trigger a reaction in the container used and might cause the resin to harden or foam prematurely within the injection equipment.
- It is highly recommended to use separate pumps for the water and the resin injection to prevent cross contamination and blockages.
- The pumps should be thoroughly primed with Washing Agent Eco to lubricate and dry the system before injection. We recommend the use of pneumatic or electric 1-component pumps.
- Start the injection at the first packer.
- Start injecting at the lowest pressure setting of the pump. Slowly increase the pressure until the resin begins to flow. Pressures may vary from 14 bars to 200 bars depending on the size of the crack, the thickness of the concrete and the general condition of the concrete.
- A little leakage of resin through the concrete or crack is useful in showing the extent of resin travel. Large leaks should be plugged with rags, wait for the resin to set, then inject again.
- During the injection water will first flow from the crack, followed by foaming resin. After this, pure resin will flow from the crack.
- Stop pumping when the pure resin reaches the next packer.
- Move to the next packer and repeat the procedure.
- After injecting through a few of the packers, go back to the first one and re-inject the packers with resin.
- After the resin injection, water can be re-injected into the packers to cure the resin.
- Let the resin cure thoroughly before removing packers. The resulting holes can be filled with hydraulic cement.
- When the injection is finished, clean all tools and equipment which have been in contact with the resin with DE NEEF® Washing Agent Eco. This should be done within 30 minutes. Never leave the pump filled with resin overnight or for periods beyond 1 shift. Do not use solvents or other cleaning products since they give fewer positive results and can create hazardous situations.
- Products should be disposed according to local legislation. See MSDS for further recommendations.
|Temperature||HA Flex Cat AF %||Start reaction||End reaction||Expansion|
Technical Data / Properties
|HA Flex SLV AF|
|Solids||%||100||EN ISO 3251|
|Viscosity at 25°C (mPas)||mPas||Approx. 200||EN ISO 3219|
|Density (kg/dm3)||Kg/dm3||Approx. 1.075||EN ISO 2811|
|Flash Point (°C)||°C||132||EN ISO 2719|
|HA Flex Cat AF|
|Viscosity at 25°C (mPas)||mPas||Approx. 15||EN ISO 3219|
|Density (kg/dm3)||Kg/dm3||Approx. 0.950||EN ISO 2811|
|Flash Point (°C)||°C||105||EN ISO 2719|
|Density (kg / dm3)||Kg/dm3||Approx. 1.00||EN ISO 1183|
|Tensile Strength (N / mm2)||mPa||Approx. 1.2||EN ISO 527|
|Elongation (%)||%||Approx. 100||EN ISO 527|
HA Flex SLV AF: yellow liquid
HA Flex Cat AF: grey transparent liquid.
Must be estimated by the engineer or operator and depends on width and depth of the cracks and voids, which need to be injected and on the expansion rate of the chosen resin.
HA Flex SLV AF
5kg or 25kg metal drums
|1 Pallet||180 x 5kg drum
24 x 25kg drum
HA Flex Cat AF
0.25 or 1L plastic bottle
|1 box||15 x 0.25L|
|1 box||16 x 1L|
|1 Pallet||84 boxes with 0.25L bottles
24 boxes with 1L bottles
HA Flex SLV AF is moisture sensitive and should be stored in original containers in a dry area. Storage temperature must be between 5°C and 30°C. Once the packaging has been opened, the useful life of the material is greatly reduced and should be used as soon as possible.
Shelf life: 2 years.
To be ordered separately
- Packers and connectors.
- DE NEEF® Washing Agent ECO
(Please consult the relevant data sheet).
Health and Safety
Users must read and understand the product label and safety data sheet (SDS) for each system component before use. All users should acquaint themselves with this information prior to working with the material. Carefully read detailed precaution statements on the product label and SDSs before use. The most current SDSs can be obtained from the GCP website at gcpat.com or by contacting GCP at +1-703-741-5970.
gcpat.id | For technical information: email@example.com
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
HA and FLEX are trademarks, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in Indonesia. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.id. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2021-07-01